We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused IT Director to join our team.
We are seeking an IT Director to support our team. The IT Director is responsible for the strategy, delivery, security, and operations of all IT infrastructure services used to enable business capabilities and services across the firm. The IT Director brings current knowledge and future vision for transforming infrastructure platforms and services to meet the requirements and demands of the firm and clients, and aligns with the firm’s strategic vision. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets the mission, vision, and strategy of the Infrastructure & Security organization to maximize the success of firm and IT initiatives. Directs and maintains a three-year roadmap for all infrastructure and security platforms, including a cloud strategy.
- Directs and provides guidance for the teams responsible for data center infrastructure and technology platforms, telephony, voicemail and collaboration platforms, network and active directory environments, and security systems and operations.
- Develops and maintains the budget and forecast for the Infrastructure & Security organization.
- Directs the development of an IT infrastructure sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management, including vendor scorecards.
- Negotiates all Infrastructure & Security organization’s vendor agreements and maintains contract renewals.
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitive capabilities and enhance employee productivity.
- Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into I&O products and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Creates and aligns an Infrastructure and Security organization value map by linking targeted business outcomes with the future-state business capabilities required to achieve them.
- Defines, develops, and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines, and related toolsets, for the Infrastructure & Security organization. Adheres to defined ITSM incident, change, and problem management procedures.
- Collaborates with the Director of Technology Operations and Support, the Director of Applications, the Director of the Project Management Office, and other firm business leaders to ensure the Infrastructure & Security organization and delivering the needed services and excellent service.
- Operates a formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by Infrastructure & Security teams. Supports periodic reviews by internal audit, compliance teams, and other risk-related functions as required.
- Champions Infrastructure & Security involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the full life cycle of design, development, operation, and support of IT systems.
- Works with the CIO and HR to develop and execute workforce plans that ensure Infrastructure & Security can supply skilled resources to meet current and future demand.
- Manages department staff (holds regular meetings; conducts annual performance reviews; consults with Human Resources regarding performance issues and takes appropriate action; maintains time-off balances; delegates appropriately).
- Participates in the hiring process for department staff (reviews resumes; interviews candidates; makes hiring recommendations).
- Determines department staffing needs (monitors staff workload and overtime; recommends temporary assistance as necessary and participates in salary budget process).
- Ensures effective client service through delivery of a quality work product (solicits staff/attorney feedback regarding projects, services, etc.; responds to feedback and makes recommendations as appropriate).
- Obtains, maintains, and applies knowledge of relevant areas (attends seminars; reads periodicals; participates in outside organizations).
- Develops, applies, and communicates departmental policies to all firm employees as applicable.
- Drives the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements.
- Drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes, and performance metrics.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships (treats clients, co-workers, and visitors with respect, is courteous and helpful in all contacts, maintains professionalism under pressure).
- Communicates effectively (able to clearly express ideas/opinions, uses appropriate, and effective communication methods, deals with firm employees and clients openly and honestly, is receptive and attentive to communication/feedback from firm employees and clients).
- Demonstrates teamwork (is receptive to and acts upon input from others, is willing and able to compromise as needed, displays willingness to work with all Firm employees, willingly assists others).
- Demonstrates initiative (contributes new ideas, is self-motivated).
- Demonstrates organizational skills and effective use of time (ability to plan, set priorities, and manage time to ensure work is timely and efficiently completed per department plan and budget parameters).
- Demonstrates flexibility (willing to adjust to changes, able to work with all levels of Firm employees).
- Exhibits dependability (maintains presence in all office locations as appropriate).
- Adheres to strict confidentiality standards (keeps confidential all information concerning firm matters and clients).
- Responsible for special projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Adhere to IT ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) disciplines and processes including, but not limited to: ITSM (IT Service Management); incident management; change management and problem management.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous experience of 5+ years in IT Director role leading infrastructure, security, and cloud technology platforms and operations.
- Law firm experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) disciplines.
- Successful management of multiple, high-priority, complex technology projects.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.