Taft is looking for an energetic, customer-service focused HR/Benefits Manager with experience to join our team in any of the following Taft offices: Chicago, Ill.; Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus and Dayton, Ohio; or Indianapolis, Ind.
We are seeking an HR/Benefits Manager who will work closely with the senior HR management team. This position will be responsible for benefits administration and communication, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding and employee exits, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative and employment law compliance. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Understands the Firm’s benefit offerings and works with all levels of employee to explain benefits, research and gather particular benefits information for employees, and successfully communicating with employees.
- Administers various human resource policies, initiatives and procedures for all Firm personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitors the compensation plan and performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and administration of various leave of absence programs.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Works with line managers and supervisors to train in management techniques.
- Researches various areas of HR and Benefits to provide information for policies, programs, offerings, and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years of experience working in Human Resources.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
Any interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Alycen Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements, nor that are these the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee may be required to perform other duties as requested by his/her supervisor.
Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not, and will not, unlawfully discriminate in hiring or in any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Taft’s EEO representative is Pamela Krivda, Partner and Chief Human Resources Officer, 65 E. State Street, Suite 1000, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4213. Email address: email@example.com