Events Coordinator (Indianapolis)
At Taft, we work as one team, driven and committed to helping our clients succeed. A full-service law firm with more than 800 attorneys and 1,400 total on our team, we have the collaborative approach, advanced technological resources, and depth of services that make us a preeminent law firm in the Midwest.
Taft is seeking a customer-focused Events Coordinator to serve our team in Taft’s Indianapolis office.
We are seeking an Events Coordinator with 2 years of experience to support our administrative team in the Indianapolis office. This is an entry-level position. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides outstanding client service in organizing internal small meetings to large scale events.
- Communicates clearly in a concise, professional manner with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Welcomes guests to our office with a polished professionalism.
- Event Management
- Schedules, plans and coordinates events from concept through clean up.
- Coordinates with colleagues to ensure coverage for planning, event execution and clean-up, and scheduling after-hours coverage.
- Oversees the completion of a variety of activities including:
- Maintains appearance of conference rooms and ensures they are adequately stocked and tidy;
- Coordinates with internal departments regarding video conferencing and audio setup and troubleshooting;
- Communicates with the Office Services team for the timely completion of event set up and breakdown.
- Orders business cards and nameplates for new employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years related work experience.
- Experience in the legal industry or a professional services Firm strongly desired.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to changes in work schedule to meet Firm needs.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Alycen Cummings at email@example.com.