We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused Events Coordinator to serve our team in Taft’s Indianapolis office.
This position will be based in Taft's Indianapolis office. This is an entry-level position.
Event Coordinators serve clients by planning and managing well-coordinated smoothly functioning events of varying sizes for our large law firm. Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Provides outstanding client service in organizing events ranging in size from small meetings to large-scale events.
- Communicates clearly in a concise, professional manner with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Welcomes guests to our office with a polished professionalism.
- Event Management:
- Schedules, plans, and manages events from concept through clean up.
- Coordinates with other staff members to share support functions to ensure complete coverage for planning, event, and clean-up and to manage schedules and after-hours coverage.
- Oversees the completion of activities such as, but not limited to:
- Checking conference rooms and kitchens to ensure all are properly stocked and tidy.
- Coordinate with IT and 35th floor receptionist to set up video conferencing and audio needs.
- Communicates with the Office Services team for event set up and breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate effectiveness in the planning and implementation of events.
- Must show ability to adapt to changing priorities and parameters and to be proactive in implementing plans, changes, and handling the unexpected.
- Must be a good problem solver.
- Must maintain client confidences.
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough & demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Must collaborate well and efficiently and demonstrate active teamwork in achieving the goal.
- Must demonstrate polished hospitality communications proficiency.
- The position requires flexibility for changing schedules, priorities, and unexpected occurrences.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism in hospitality and collaborative duties.
- Must have and demonstrate a very high level of organization and attention to the optics and details of an event.
- Must dress appropriately for a visible, hospitality role.
Any interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Alycen Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.