We are currently seeking a Document Specialist to join Taft.
This position will be based in Taft's Indianapolis Office working with the Intellectual Property Group. This is an entry level position.
Summary: Document Specialists serve clients by providing administrative and secretarial support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Client Service
- Exhibits outstanding client service orientation in greeting guests, scheduling meetings, and conducting telephone conferences
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner
- Attorney Support
- Proactively supports attorneys
- Proactively supports legal assistants
- Responds to attorney requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work
- Monitors deadlines
- Composes letters and memoranda
- Transcribes dictation
- Processes requests for payment and reimbursements
- Processes mail
- Answers phone and takes messages
- Information Management
- Creates, maintains, and retires files in accordance with Taft’s Information Governance Policy
- Assists attorneys in managing client contacts, emails, and print documents
Proficiency in the following software applications:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Nuance PDF Converter
- BigHand Dictation
- Personal Effectiveness & Credibility
- Ability to Adapt
- Maintains Client Confidences
- Thoroughness & Attention to Detail
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Communication Proficiency
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive or exhaustive listing of work activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Taft is an at-will employer. Either Taft or an employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, or without reason.