Taft is seeking an Intellectual Property Docket Specialist to join our Indianapolis office.
IP Docket Specialists serve clients by providing support to attorneys and staff. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Manage and maintain the accuracy of the IP Docket Mailbox and Clearances.
- Run and distribute docket reports as requested by attorneys and legal assistants to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Communicate with USPTO to confirm deadlines.
- Assist in intake and auditing of all Intellectual Property transfer matters files.
- Manage software issues in a timely manner.
- Perform other special projects with the Intellectual Property department as assigned.
- Knowledge of USPTO processes and docketing requirements.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of U.S. Patent terminology, prosecution procedures, and deadlines for both US and foreign intellectual property matters.
- Knowledge of current USPTO rules and procedures.
- Experience with intellectual property software systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.