We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused Director of Operations with experience to join our team in Taft’s Dayton office.
We are seeking a Director of Operations with 3-5 years’ experience in our Dayton office. Directors of Operations supervises local office staff and is responsible for leadership, performance management and hiring of the employees within the office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Performs supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage all assigned office staff including staff performance, learning/training, timekeeping, time off requests, and all other required management.
- Notify Human Resources of problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Keeps assigned staff accountable for expected performance and adhere to policies.
- Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, terminations, and hires.
- Uses firm procedures/processes to fill open positions, manages headcount, matching it to office needs.
- Participates in managerial training.
- Oversees daily activities of local office to ensure office functions run smoothly and efficiently, providing excellent service to attorneys and clients.
- Maintains personnel records for office staff.
- Works with local vendors to procure office supplies and furniture as needed.
- Plans social functions such as holiday party, staff appreciation events, and summer office outing.
- Prepares and adheres to budget with assistance from CFO/COO and monitors the budget to ensure the appropriate use of funds.
- May conduct special assignments for CHRO or COO.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings.
- Conducts annual performance reviews.
- Works with Office Services on facility maintenance as needed.
- Assists with onboarding of new staff and attorneys.
- Assists Managing Partner with office-related initiatives.
- 3-5 years’ managerial experience.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.