Taft is currently seeking a Director of Finance in Cincinnati.
We are seeking a Director of Finance with 10 or more years of accounting experience to work with our Chief Financial Officer in the Cincinnati office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Assist in formulating Taft’s financial direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the budgeting process.
- Develop metrics supporting Taft’s strategic plans.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of Taft’s leadership team.
- Assist in managing Taft’s accounting department.
- Oversee the financial operations of Taft’s affiliates.
- Perform due diligence related to merger or acquisition activity.
- Financial Oversight and Reporting (GAAP, cash, and modified cash):
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Maintain Taft’s banking relationships.
- Assist in overseeing tax and financial reporting.
- Risk Management:
- Construct and monitor reliable internal control systems.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong GAAP/cash basis accounting skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Integrity, personal effectiveness, and credibility.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and operate within deadlines.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- High proficiency in Microsoft software applications and ability to use a variety of software applications.
- Taft presently uses Rippe & Kingston LMS software.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience is required.
- An MBA with an accounting concentration is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation is preferred.
- Law firm or public accounting experience is required.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.