We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused Controller with experience to join our team in Taft's Cincinnati office.
We are seeking a Controller to assist the CFO in day-to-day transactions involving Taft’s payables, receivables, and general accounting: payroll, time and billing, financial reporting, related variance analyses and certification, and cash management, and ensure Taft’s accounting procedures conform to a modified cash basis of accounting. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Oversee Taft’s accounting system Rippe & Kingston LMS+.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Coordinate all audit activities and tax return preparation with outside accounting firm.
- Work with the CFO to maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, payroll, etc.
- Oversee the preparation of bank reconciliations, wire transfers, bank relations, and deposits.
- Oversee the preparation of Firm payroll, including Partner compensation, maintenance of partner capital accounts, and calculation of special compensation arrangements and assist CFO with related analyses.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial reports and present findings to CFO.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Perform budgeting, forecasting, internal reporting, and business analysis functions along with the CFO.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc., when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as indicated by the work.
- 10+ years of relevant experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration.
- MBA/CPA or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive or exhaustive listing of work activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Taft is an at-will employer. Either Taft or an employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, or without reason.