Taft is seeking a Billing Specialist to support our team in Taft's Indianapolis office.
We are seeking a billing specialist with at least two years' experience to join our Accounting Department in our Indianapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates and edits client pre-bills (BIM's).
- Ensures the accuracy and timely distribution of final bills.
- Processes write-offs/write-downs and obtains proper approval when required.
- Maintains the integrity of the billing system information.
- Responds to individual attorney requests and questions regarding specific bills and the billing process.
- Adheres to established billing cycle/cut-off dates.
- Ensures compliance with Taft's billing policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time restraints.
- Responds to requests requiring analysis of client billing histories and other basic financial analysis.
- Associate's degree in accounting or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years general accounting or legal billing experience required.
- Experience working with specialized accounting/billing software strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from attorneys and staff and provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet applications including Excel.
- Strong numeric aptitude and attention to detail.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.