Taft is seeking a billing specialist to support our team in Taft's Indianapolis office.
We are seeking a billing specialist with at least two years' experience to join our Accounting Department in our Indianapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates and edits client pre-bills (BIM's).
- Ensures the accuracy and timely distribution of final bills.
- Processes write-offs/write-downs and obtains proper approval when required.
- Maintains the integrity of the billing system information.
- Responds to individual attorney requests and questions regarding specific bills and the billing process.
- Adheres to established billing cycle/cut-off dates.
- Ensures compliance with Taft's billing policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time restraints.
- Responds to requests requiring analysis of client billing histories and other basic financial analysis.
- Associate's degree in accounting or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years general accounting or legal billing experience required.
- Experience working with specialized accounting/billing software strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from attorneys and staff and provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet applications including Excel.
- Strong numeric aptitude and attention to detail.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.