Taft is seeking a Billing/Accounting Specialist to support our accounting team in our Indianapolis office.
We are seeking a Billing/Accounting Specialist to support our accounting team in our Indianapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generates and edits client pre-bills.
- Ensures the accuracy and timely distribution of final bills.
- Processes requests (write off/payments) and obtains proper approval.
- Maintains the integrity of the billing and Payable system information.
- Responds to individual attorney, vendor and client requests and questions
- Adheres to established cycle/cut-off dates for individual tasks.
- Maintains reports, spreadsheets and files as assigned.
- Assists in month-end closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts as required.
- Provides reconciliation support or back up necessary (credit card, petty cash, etc.).
- Processes daily receipts.
- Reviews general mailbox requests and responds within established timeframes.
- Ensures compliance with the firm’s billing policies and procedures.
- Associate's degree in accounting or business, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years general accounting or related experience required.
- Experience working with specialized accounting/billing software strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time restraints.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with and follow instructions from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff and provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Ability to respond to requests requiring analysis of client billing histories and other basic financial analysis.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet applications including Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from attorneys and staff and provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Strong numeric aptitude.
- Ability to maintain cordial and productive work relationships.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.