Taft is seeking an Associate Legal Practice Leader to serve our team in any of Taft's offices.
We are seeking an Associate Legal Practice Leader with 3+ years of operations or project management experience to support our team in any of Taft offices: Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, or Minneapolis. This multi-faceted role will support assigned offices and practice groups with initiatives, collaboration, strategic staffing, and client engagement and alignment. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise and support practice group leaders, attorneys and professional staff in delivering exceptional legal services to our clients.
- Collaborate with Taft’s various support and operations specialists to understand the needs of the practice groups and clients, and implement strategies and programs that meet practice group and client needs.
- Advise on matters related to client support and adherence, staffing assignments, recruitment, talent management, integration, cross-collaboration, client relations, and business development.
- Develop relationships with office and practice group leaders as well as partners and associates to garner buy-in and ensure internal and external collaboration.
- Monitor client, partner, and matter expectations; track workloads; and be mindful of associates’ strengths and goals.
- Support practice group chairs and partners to strategically match associates to work opportunities with an eye toward achieving an equitable distribution of assignments consistent with client needs, associate goals, and the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Assist with coordination of practice group meetings, business development and marketing projects, client request responses, hiring/promotion/retention and onboarding of new attorney hires.
- Integrate attorneys with their respective offices, practice groups and client teams; assist with associate staffing, mentorship, feedback and retention.
- Facilitate and foster effective communication within the practice groups and administrative teams.
- Support firm-wide initiatives designed to enhance associate development and retention.
- Work closely with Taft leadership, practice group chairs, partners, associates, Strategy Office, Project Management, IT, Business Development, Recruiting, Professional Development, General Counsel, Operations, HR, and other department teams.
- Provide practice group administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires frequent travel to designated offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Juris Doctor preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience in a legal operations or project management role.
- Experience working in a professional services, legal or law firm setting.
- Strong communication and organization skills with superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly build trust and confidence and establish strong professional relationships.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to connect people internally.
- Ability to take initiative and build new processes and approaches.
- Client service mindset.
- Strong to advanced technology skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking skills, with the ability to adapt to changing demands and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic professional who displays a high level of maturity, a confidential nature, and a proactive work ethic.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Lisa Watson, email@example.com
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties and is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.