Taft is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team in Cincinnati.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager with 3+ years’ accounting experience to support our team in the Cincinnati, office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides onsite supervision for the Cincinnati office accounting team, primarily billing, AP and AR/cash receipts.
- Serves as day-to-day accounting department contact.
- Assists attorneys in researching and resolving accounting issues as they arise.
- Directs accountants in all offices to ensure timely and accurate recording of all transaction in the general ledger.
- Manages the reconciliation process to ensure timely and accurate reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Meets regularly with the team to establish clear communication and expectations within the group
- Reviews all client and general ledger disbursements to ensure transactions are coded to the proper accounts and consistent with coding in the firm’s budget
- Provides support for the firm’s budgeting & forecasting process as needed
- Manages the year-end audit and tax return preparation.
- Oversees and ensures all required tax payments and filings are completed throughout the year.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Experience in public accounting a plus.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in accounting required, supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Ability to recognize, research and resolve complex issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with and follow oral and written instructions from clients, Firm members, vendors and court personnel.
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Mathematical competence with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.