Taft is seeking an accounting and payroll manager to support our team in Taft's Indianapolis office.
We are seeking an accounting and payroll manager with 4+ years of accounting or finance experience to support our team in our Indianapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises payroll accountants to ensure timely and accurate preparation of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls, posting of payroll entries to the general ledger, and reconciliation of various payroll deductions.
- Directs and supervises local accounting staff in Indianapolis, primarily in the functions of billing & collections, and accounts payable.
- Prepares firm salaries budgets, reconciles actual results vs budget, and maintains updated annual forecasts.
- Oversees the calculation of Partner payroll and capital accounts.
- Calculates Ohio worker’s compensation premiums.
- Provides payroll-related support for year-end financial audit and firm income tax preparation.
- Produces ad-hoc payroll and Partner compensation reports.
- Ensures internal controls and audit trail documentation procedures are followed.
- Understands various state payroll and tax regulations and applies accordingly
- Bachelor’s (B.A.) degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of four years experience in accounting or finance; payroll and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments, adapt to changing priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Experience working with accounting and billing systems and payroll software (ADP preferred).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word.
- Punctual and predictable attendance and flexibility in order to meet scheduled and off-cycle payroll processing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain cordial and productive work relationships.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.