David H. Thomas
DAVID H. THOMAS has more than 15 years of experience as a defense attorney, with a practice in state and federal courts around Ohio focused on complex criminal cases and white collar criminal defense. He has argued in the Ohio Supreme Court and has presented more than 50 cases in courts of appeals. Thomas is board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Criminal Trial Advocate and has represented individuals and corporations involved in government investigations, including state and federal law enforcement agencies, the United States Department of Justice, and the Ohio Attorney General's Office.
Many of Thomas's clients are professionals, public officials and health care providers who are the subject of state and federal investigations and prosecutions. He also represents individuals in asset forfeiture proceedings, grand jury investigations and administrative matters involving the Ohio Ethics Commission and the Ohio Inspector General.
Thomas regularly provides presentations to attorneys on evidence and trial practice. He is recognized in Best Lawyers in America and Ohio Super Lawyers for criminal defense. Dave was also named 2015 Columbus Lawyer of the Year for White Collar Criminal Defense by Best Lawyers in America.
Awards and Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America (criminal defense: white collar and non-white collar)
- Board-Certified in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Ohio Super Lawyers (criminal defense)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Professional Ethics Committee
- Pro bono work on Homeless Project
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers