Kenneth A. Fisher, Jr.
KENNETH A. FISHER, JR. is a registered architect. He has an appreciation for the nuances of the construction process that few lawyers possess. Mr. Fisher is able to guide owners, contractors and design professionals through the complexities of negotiation of construction-related contracts and the resolution of construction-related disputes in such a manner as to anticipate and avoid project delays and other problems while saving his clients time and money. Mr. Fisher is often brought in to assist with the selection and implementation of project-delivery systems and financial arrangements. Often, he can suggest ways to implement creative risk sharing and risk management on construction projects. Mr. Fisher has a diverse clientele including both public and private entities ranging from educational, institutional and religious to utilities, transportation and infrastructure and commercial developments, civic, cultural and sports facilities.
- Columbus Regional Airport Authority, C Concourse Expansion. On behalf of the Airport Authority, designed a proprietary project-delivery system, which was a hybrid of the traditional design-bid-build, design-build, and agency construction management delivery systems. Also drafted the trade contracts, which contained a number of features designed to meet the Airport Authority's goal of fostering the successful participation of small and disadvantaged construction companies
- Corporate Headquarters. On behalf of a private corporation, negotiated and drafted the owner's representative, design, and construction management contracts for the construction of a 100,000 square-foot office building. The construction manager’s contract included a pre-bid negotiated guaranteed maximum price. The project is certified LEED Silver
- Corporate Headquarters and Manufacturing Facility. On behalf of a private design-builder, negotiated and drafted the design-build contract for a new 300,000 square-foot office building and manufacturing facility.
- General Contractor. On behalf of a large, privately held general construction company, prepared standardized documents for subcontracting, purchasing materials and equipment, purchasing professional services, and supplying materials and equipment.
- Akron Art Museum Addition and Alteration. On behalf of Coop Himmelb(l)au, Prix & Swiczinsky, GmbH, ("CHBL"), the Austrian design firm selected to design the project, negotiated and drafted the contract between CHBL and the local architect and the contract between the project owner and the local architect.
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Construction counsel to the Columbus Zoo in connection with the Zoombezi Bay, Jungle Jack’s Landing, New Entry, Polar Frontier, and new waterslide projects, including negotiating and drafting the related design, construction, design-build, construction management, and equipment procurement contracts.
Professional Memberships and Community Service
- Columbus Bar Association, Construction Law Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Construction Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Institute of Architects
- Design-Build Institute of America
- Urban Land Institute
- Leadership Columbus
Speeches and Publications
- Author, “Constructing in a Collapsing Economy” CWS Newsletter, Vol. 2, 2009
Other Professional Experience
- Registered Architect
- Ohio Air National Guard (1985 – 1991)