Stephen M. O'Bryan
STEPHEN M. O'BRYAN is a member of the firm's Executive Committee. He concentrates his practice on all types of litigation and in public law and environmental matters. Steve graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1969, where he was a member of the editorial board of the Law Review. Three years earlier, he had earned a Bachelor of Science degree in political science from Bowling Green State University in 1966. He is a member and past president, vice president and secretary of both the Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association and the Cuyahoga County Law Directors Association. Steve is a member of the Environmental Law Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and is a member of the American and Ohio State Bar Associations. He was also a member of the Cleveland Bar Foundation's Board of Trustees and the Foundation's Treasurer.
Steve has been involved in many environmental cases, one of which included serving as third-party plaintiff's counsel to seven Fortune 500 companies in bringing a third-party complaint against more than 350 other generator and transporter companies in a major Superfund site in Ohio. Steve has successfully represented both private and public clients in landmark zoning, land-use, and eminent domain cases before the Ohio Supreme Court. He has also been involved in complex commercial litigation of all varieties, including both federal and state securities matters, and significant commercial and consumer class actions. He recently won a jury verdict of over $2.4 million in an accounting malpractice case.
Honors and Recognitions
- Steve is a Master Bencher of the Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court.
- He is a Life Member of the 8th Judicial District Conference and has been co-chair of the Life Members Committee.
- Steve is listed in the most recent edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
- He has been selected for The Best Lawyers in America and as a Leading Lawyer by Inside Business magazine.
- Steve has been named an Ohio Super Lawyer by Cincinnati Magazine.
- He is honored as a "Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation, the definitive guide to America's leading business litigation attorneys.
- Steve is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, an invitation-only professional association for corporate and insurance defense lawyers around the world.
- In 2010 he was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio.
- He was awarded an "AV Peer Review Rating" (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell.
|News | Press Releases | Publications | Events|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|